Women's Residential Care Staff Member
The Rescue Mission is a faith based, Christ-centered ministry. Our mission is to provide, through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future. Our mission statement reflects our Christian identity, commitment and unswerving dedication to the principles taught in the Word of God; the Bible. Our team is composed of dynamic and committed Christians who care deeply about our clients and each other.
We are a non-profit dedicated to empower people to overcome challenges and help them achieve their highest level of independence. The Rescue Mission cares for the whole person. We address the social, mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
Women's Residential Care Staff Member, 3rd Shift Full Time (12 Hr Shifts)
Women's Residential Care Staff Member, 2nd Shift weekends
To supervise the house assuring appropriate services for clients and assuring the safety and smooth operation of the house during your shift. To be the liaison for residential care staff; communicating relevant information and providing support.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Reflect personal integrity in attitude and behavior toward clients, volunteers, and other staff.
- Demonstrate professional, ethical behavior, including boundaries with clients.
- Provide support and communication between administrative and support staff
- Assist with new staff trainings
- Close Communication with Supervisor is imperative to ensure house/shift coverage.
- Provide verbal and written communication with other staff as needed.
- Answer phones & door as needed.
- Be available to respond to Security Monitoring Company when necessary.
- Be available to clients at all times.
- Intervene in emotional emergency- refer to case manager for ongoing counseling.
- Record information for staff in appropriate logs
- Attend all required monthly RCS meetings, events, and trainings.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide information from other shifts
- Be present outside in resident areas for special events to ensure safety and appropriate behaviors.
- Conduct phone interviews as needed.
- Transport Residents as needed.
- Periodically (once an hour) walk grounds (daylight hours) and inside house to check for safety, ensuring gate is locked and cleanliness.
- Facilitate sign in process for clients, volunteers, and visiting children.
- Check to see that assigned chores and staff aides are completed.
- Record statistical information in ETO
- Supervise occasional volunteer work teams as assigned.
- Conduct tours as needed.
- Facilitate the sorting of donations and distribute consumable items to appropriate storage area.
- Administer alcohol/drug screens (when backup staff available) and record in HEART/ETO as needed.
- Updated DSS as needed.
Education and Training
Human Services degree or equivalent experience in related field.
Knowledge and Experience
- Computer skills.
- CPR & First Aid Certification.
- Ability to relate to individuals from all socio-economic levels of life.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of self-motivation & initiative.
- High level of reliability.
- High level of Communication with Supervisor to ensure job knowledge/skill/ effectiveness is met at a satisfactory level.
- Flexibility in work hours, including third shift coverage as assigned to assure proper coverage.
- Flexibility in work hours when needed to assure proper Holiday coverage.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Human Services: 1 year (Required)
- Associate (Required)
Overtime often available:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly