Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Reflect personal integrity in attitude and behavior toward residents, guests, volunteers and other staff.
- Serve as a vocational advisor to residents in the program.
- Help conduct vocational evaluations/employment readiness assessments.
- Assess residents for appropriate placement to enhance skills development in training.
- Oversee scheduling of residents in various areas of vocational training.
- Teach skilled trades to residents entering into the vocational training component of the program.
- Document resident goals, tracking and progress in vocational training initiatives.
- Train and supervise selected TH staff leaders in job coaching responsibilities as needed.
- Maintain regular contact with Case Managers through verbal and/or electronic documentation and serve as the primary contact for TH staff.
- Enter documentation into case management tracking program.
- Facilitate the understanding of vocational training guidelines with residents and staff.
- Troubleshoot with residents any challenges in vocational training program accountability.
- Facilitate group vocational training as needed.
- Provide referrals to any outside employers when appropriate.
- Provide residential care in Life House when needed.
- Help to maintain contact and facilitate communication between employers, staff and residents.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned by the VP of Programs.
Education and Training
- College degree or equivalent experience in related field.
Knowledge and Experience
- Computer and thrift operations knowledge.
- Willingness to learn skilled trades as needed.
- Ability to relate to all persons with dignity and respect.
- Very strong organizational skills are a necessity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Flexibility in work hours when needed to assure proper coverage