House Manager for Charis House
To coordinate and assure the smooth completion of housework assignments and general cleaning, including training and coaching clients with assigned work details. To provide scheduling and supervision of work assignments to house residents along with life skill coaching.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Reflect personal integrity in attitude and behavior toward clients, volunteers, donors, and other staff.
- Demonstrate professional, ethical behavior, including boundaries with clients.
- Facilitation of work assignments, including posting and updating work schedules.
- Facilitation and coordination of job character development training clients through their assigned tasks.
- Facilitation of morning and afternoon house checks, including room checks daily.
- Attend Programming Staff Meeting & quarterly All Staff Meetings.
- Support Kitchen Staff in communication with clients along with the execution of kitchen work assignments to clients.\
- Facilitation of the organization and neat appearance of house in general.
- Facilitate trips to Treasure House weekly or as needed.
- Facilitation and coordination of appropriate donation storage.
- Manage inventory and distribution of necessary items. Needs to residents when appropriate.
- Assist Intake Coordinator w/coordination of cleaning rooms, for new clients (including removal and storage of past client’s items).
- Oversee communication with the facilities team concerning maintenance, repairs, and orders.
- Facilitate weekly Community Meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by your Supervisor or appropriate Team Leader.
Education and Training
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree or 5 year experience in related field.
Knowledge and Experience
- Cooking experience is a plus
- Computer knowledge
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Custodial/housekeeping experience required
- Ability to relate to individuals from all socioeconomic levels of life
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of self-motivation
- Ability to solve conflict through a biblical team approach
- Flexibility in work hours as needed to assure proper coverage
- Strong conflict management skills & de-escalation
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Job Descriptions are subject to change.