Director of Fund Development
The Rescue Mission is a client-centered ministry. We seek employees who have made a commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Our Mission Statement: “To provide through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future.”
Our Vision: “To transform lives through the love of Jesus Christ.”
Position Description: Under the general direction of the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Fund Development (DFD) is responsible for maintaining and increasing funding with mid-level individuals and businesses through effective identification, cultivation, and solicitation. The focus of this position will be to identify and deepen relationships with individuals and when possible, coach donor-volunteers through the process of becoming “champions” of The Rescue Mission.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, steward and retain qualified prospects and donors. Manage a portfolio as assigned with qualified relationships, and apply the donor experience approach to the portfolio, with a custom cultivation strategy for each donor.
- Establish a strategic and systematic focus on closing multi‐year commitments from mid-level individuals based on respective fundraising goals.
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to execute the fundraising plan in order to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Work with Chief Development Officer to solicit sponsorships from businesses in support of programs and events offered by The Rescue Mission
- Strategically engage volunteers and current donors in peer prospect identification, visits, and closings.
- Routinely network with corporate executives, and interact with mid-level individuals for the purpose of cultivating personal relationships and developing personal giving. Collaborate with colleagues when corporate giving interests are expressed.
- Work collaboratively with the Chief Development Officer and Donor Services Department to analyze portfolios and strategize upgrades.
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to cultivate individual gifts from corporate partner executives.
- Be able to personally adapt as needed to meet the needs of donors.
- Successfully align partner interests with The Rescue Mission’s values and mission.
- Secure financial support from individuals and corporations for the annual operating budget and through special events.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of at least one recognition/cultivation event for donors each fiscal year with specific responsibility for filling the venue and meeting event revenue goals. Additionally, assist with other Rescue Mission events that could be used as tools to cultivate donors and donor prospects (such as fundraising house parties). Including any administrative duties as needed.
- Develop proposals and assist with the development of creative presentations and reports.