The Rescue Mission is a faith-based, Christ-centered ministry. Our mission is to provide, through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future. Our mission statement reflects our Christian identity, commitment and unswerving dedication to the principles taught in the Word of God; the Bible. Our team is composed of dynamic and committed Christians who care deeply about our clients and each other. We have an opening for a full-time Men’s Case Manager.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The essential function of this position include the following:
- Establish and maintain rapport with residents.
- Reflect personal integrity in attitude and behavior toward residents, volunteers and other staff through the lens of justice and mercy.
- Advocate and assure the residents’ needs are addressed (i.e. medical, clothing, etc.)
- Afford all assigned residents the opportunity to reach an optimum level of wellness and functional capability.
- Facilitate understanding of House Guidelines by residents and address through restorative action when not followed.
- Facilitate SMART goal setting with all assigned residents and document progress.
- Assure releases of information are signed for all agencies involved with each assigned resident.
- Communicate/coordinate with agencies (Park Center, LSSI, etc.) involved with resident care and attend team meetings when applicable.
- Have prepared information on assigned clients for staff meetings.
- Complete all resident-related paperwork in a timely manner.
- Respond to all requests for client information in a timely manner.
- Facilitate groups as assigned.
- Provide transportation when needed for clients.
- Review and process each of the 12-steps with each assigned Long Term resident.
- Collaborates with vocational and pastoral staff to review specific benchmark progress.
- Communicate regularly with appropriate staff through staff log and email when face-to-face is not possible.
- Participate in training to improve skills and to increase competency and effectiveness.
- Facilitate transition for residents being discharged.
- Demonstrates good stewardship of available resources to obtain optimum value for all assigned residents and The Rescue Mission.
- Demonstrate professional, ethical behavior, including boundaries with clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Clinical Director or appropriate Team Leader.
Education and Training
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or a related field preferred.
Case Management certification and licensure are encouraged.
Knowledge and Experience
- Two years of experience in a Human Services-related field is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of 12 Steps of Recovery from a Christian perspective.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to use telephone, fax machine, computer, copy machine.
These are the skills and abilities required to successfully perform the key tasks.
- Ability to use effective verbal and written communication skills, including active listening, use of open-ended questions, affirming, and summarizing.
- Ability to plan, organize, and retain information.
- Ability to problem-solve, negotiate, and resolve conflict.
- Flexibility in work hours when needed to assure proper coverage.
- Ability to tolerate and manage stress.
- High level of initiative and motivation.
- Ability to balance justice and mercy with accountability.
- Ability to apply Biblical truths to life situations from a pastoral perspective.
- Working knowledge of Mental Health disorders such as Depression, Anxiety, etc.
- Ability to be trauma-sensitive and relate to individuals from all socio-economic levels and ethnic backgrounds.
The Rescue Mission has a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
No phone calls, please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27,712.00 to $50,696.00 /year
- Human Services: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Do you have a thorough knowledge of the 12 Steps of Recovery from a Christian perspective?
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Monday to Friday